- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Spread ice cream topping into crust. In a large bowl, beat the ice cream, dry pudding mix, coffee and milk until blended; spoon into crust.
- In another bowl, combine the whipped topping and marshmallow creme; spread over top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Frosty Coffee Pie
"Sounds lucious, but has anyone tried a different topping? I don't care for whipped topping and the marshmallow is pretty sweet. Love coffee flavored anything so want to try it without the topping."
"Not bad but not my favorite either."
"This pie is wonderful! I used a 3.9 oz pudding and it turned out perfectly!"
"I had forgotten all about this pie. I use to make it all of the time. So glad I refound the recipe. Now that summer is here, this will be a refreshing pie to serve to guests."
"Very rich and very good! I made my own coffee ice cream so I could make it decaf."
"This recipe was so easy to make and my guests just raved about it! Everyone wanted the recipe. This will really 'wow' your friends and family."
"This was outstanding everyone wanted the recipe. I made another one an keeped it for 2 weeks was just as good as the first.in the freezer"
"haven't made it yet, just curious - my pudding boxes come in 5 ounce and 3.9 - the recipe calls for 5.9. What have you used?"
"This pie was delicious! My husband thought it was better than any ice cream cake we've ever bought. A real winner! I will definately make it again....when I can spare the calories."
"I made my own crust and then it overflowed. The top was not fluffy like the picture. It took a lot of mixing to get the cream and marshmallow cream mixed. I haven't tried it yet, but know I will like it. I love anything with the mocha flavor."