Frosty Coffee Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Spread ice cream topping into crust. In a large bowl, beat the ice cream, dry pudding mix, coffee and milk until blended; spoon into crust.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the whipped topping and marshmallow creme; spread over top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 429 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Frosty Coffee Pie
"Not bad but not my favorite either."
"This pie is wonderful! I used a 3.9 oz pudding and it turned out perfectly!"
"I had forgotten all about this pie. I use to make it all of the time. So glad I refound the recipe. Now that summer is here, this will be a refreshing pie to serve to guests."
"Very rich and very good! I made my own coffee ice cream so I could make it decaf."
"This recipe was so easy to make and my guests just raved about it! Everyone wanted the recipe. This will really 'wow' your friends and family."
"This was outstanding everyone wanted the recipe. I made another one an keeped it for 2 weeks was just as good as the first.in the freezer"
"haven't made it yet, just curious - my pudding boxes come in 5 ounce and 3.9 - the recipe calls for 5.9. What have you used?"
"This pie was delicious! My husband thought it was better than any ice cream cake we've ever bought. A real winner! I will definately make it again....when I can spare the calories."
"I made my own crust and then it overflowed. The top was not fluffy like the picture. It took a lot of mixing to get the cream and marshmallow cream mixed. I haven't tried it yet, but know I will like it. I love anything with the mocha flavor."
"OK, I know this sounds naughty, but I'm thinking this would be fabulous for breakfast!I like NanaBanana's idea for the Kahlua- I think I'm going to try it with Amaretto! YUM!! :)"
"I made this Frosty Coffee Pielast weekend and everyone raved about it....even 9 months old Caela Mae! Going to experiment with other flavor ice creams and puddings. I added some Kahlua Syrup to both the filling and the topping.NanaBanana"
"This pie is absolutely wonderful. Easy to make. I will definitely be making this pie more often. The ice cream part does not freeze hard - yeah!"