"This chilled treat takes me back to my childhood because it tastes like a Fudgesicle," shares Maria Regakis. THe Somerville, Massachusetts reader turns sandwich cookies, chocolate pudding and vanilla ice cream into a dessert guaranteed to satisfy the kid in everyone.
- 15 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Whipped topping and grated chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in ice cream. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping and grated chocolate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Chocolate Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p20
Reviews for Frosty Chocolate Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2015
"Very good and very simple. My 13 year old son made it and he was very proud. However, we did cheat...we bought the Oreo already made crust. Everyone loved it.!"
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2012
"Needed a little more oreo crust."