Frosty Caterpillar Dessert
Need a treat that will appeal to kids of all ages? This colorful critter will do the trick! Created by the CW home economists, this caterpillar is made of scoops of sherbet and bright candies, including licorice and marshmallows that serve as antennae. He sits on crushed cookie "dirt", while sweet gummy worms keep him company.
You can substitute any flavor of ice cream or sherbet you like to m
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 scoops raspberry orange sherbet or sherbet of your choice (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 2 semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 pieces red shoestring licorice (about 2 inches long)
- 2 miniature marshmallows
- 1 red-hot candy
- 8 assorted colored Dots
- 3 gummy worms
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto a serving platter. Arrange sherbet scoops
- in a zigzag pattern over crumbs, forming a caterpillar. For eyes,
- press chocolate chips into the first scoop.
- Using a toothpick, make two small holes above eyes. For antennae,
- insert the end of a licorice piece into each marshmallow; insert the
- other end of licorice piece into the holes. Add red-hot for nose.
- Press Dots onto the back of the caterpillar. Garnish with gummy
- worms. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.