Frosty Blueberry Dessert
If you're looking for a different way to showcase blueberries, try this quick-to-assemble recipe from Evelyn Pedersen of Shoreview, Minnesota. The sweet squares make a refreshing dessert.
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and
- extract. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- dish. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-15
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 113 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.