If you're looking for a different way to showcase blueberries, try this quick-to-assemble recipe from Evelyn Pedersen of Shoreview, Minnesota. The sweet squares make a refreshing dessert.
Recommended: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Blueberry Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p62
Reviews for Frosty Blueberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2017
"Very disappointing! Needs something to sweeten it up and wondering if the recipe should have used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk. Was just like a frozen ice with no flavour."