If you're looking for a different way to showcase blueberries, try this quick-to-assemble recipe from Evelyn Pedersen of Shoreview, Minnesota. The sweet squares make a refreshing dessert.
Featured In: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Blueberry Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p62
Reviews for Frosty Blueberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review