Frosted Zucchini Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves if desired; add to creamed mixture alternately with zucchini, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 181 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Zucchini Cookies
"Love this recipe. Wow! Great tasting cookies. So Happy I found this recipe. Made just like recipe, would not change a thing. Can't wait to share with my friends. Thank you so much for sharing. Glad I made a double batch. Yum!!!!"
"Very good, the frosting really adds to the cookie. Made 2 batches. They freeze well too."
"I have made zucchini cookies before but these are by far the best! They were the perfect texture - a tad bit crispy on the outside but basically soft throughout. Though I did make the frosting, after trying a bare cookie, I decided it didn't need it. Very yummy!"