Frosted Zucchini Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves if desired; add to creamed mixture alternately with zucchini, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Zucchini Cookies
Sort By :
"Love this recipe. Wow! Great tasting cookies. So Happy I found this recipe. Made just like recipe, would not change a thing. Can't wait to share with my friends. Thank you so much for sharing. Glad I made a double batch. Yum!!!!"
"Very good, the frosting really adds to the cookie. Made 2 batches. They freeze well too."
"I have made zucchini cookies before but these are by far the best! They were the perfect texture - a tad bit crispy on the outside but basically soft throughout. Though I did make the frosting, after trying a bare cookie, I decided it didn't need it. Very yummy!"