Frosted Walnut Brownie Pie Recipe
Maryjo Amos of Noel, Missouri downsized a favorite family recipe to create this chocolaty treat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Coat a 6-in. round springform pan with cooking spray and dust with sugar; add the batter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Remove sides of pan. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over pie. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece equals 368 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC