Maryjo Amos of Noel, Missouri downsized a favorite family recipe to create this chocolaty treat.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Coat a 6-in. round springform pan with cooking spray and dust with sugar; add the batter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove sides of pan. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over pie. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Walnut Brownie Pie in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 62
Reviews for Frosted Walnut Brownie Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2012
"Very moist but still consistent brownie. I added extra walnuts for more crunch and topped it with a blueberries to add some contrast to the richness of the brownie."