Frosted Valentine Cookies Recipe
Sharing delicious sweets has long been the way to show affection. Why not demonstrate your love this Valentine's Day by making a batch of these buttery cookies? — Marcy Cella, L'Anse, Michigan
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound dark or milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Confectioners' sugar icing, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, oats, extracts and salt; mix well.
- 2. Roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut with a 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Spread warm cookies with candy coating; cool. Decorate with icing if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 349 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Valentine Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC