Frosted Valentine Cookies
Sharing delicious sweets has long been the way to show affection. Why not demonstrate your love this Valentine's Day by making a batch of these buttery cookies? Marcy Cella, L'Anse, Michigan
21 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound dark or milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Confectioners' sugar icing, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the
- flour, oats, extracts and salt; mix well.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut with a 3-in. heart-shaped
- cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°
- for 12-15 minutes. Spread warm cookies with candy coating; cool.
- Decorate with icing if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 349 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.