- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt caramels with cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Turtle Brownies
"I made these brownies as per recipe. The brownie was dense. The topping would be better on a lighter, cake brownie. It called for too much frosting and too many nuts. That could be cut back on. It was thick and gooey. It was too rich to eat more than a small piece, unless, apparently, you are young linemen. They loved them. My husband and I cut them up and gave them away. Perfect for the young on fat Tuesday! Not for us. I don't know what I was thinking. They tasted good."
"These are delicious!! They make an extra special brownie!"