Everyone loves my famous peanut bars crowned with a luscious chocolate frosting. These goodies are rich, moist and dense —perfect with a glass of cold milk. —Lauren Reiff, East Earl, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Top 10 Dessert Bars
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter chips, butter and peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in peanut butter mixture and peanuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread over top. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Triple Peanut Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p23
Reviews for Frosted Triple Peanut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review