Frosted Strawberry Salad Recipe
My daughter, Katherine Beth, has requested that her grandmother, Thelma Bell, make this sweet rick gelatin salad with its fluffy topping for every family get-together. So when she and Patrick Althouse planned their nuptials, this delightful salad was part of the bountiful potluck buffet.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries and mint
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Stir in pecans and cherries. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme just until combined; fold in whipped topping. Spread over salad. Chill for several hours or overnight. Cut into squares. Garnish with strawberries and mint. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Strawberry Salad in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p41
Reviews for Frosted Strawberry Salad(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2013
i love this recipe. it is very delicious and easy to make. i have 4 kids and they all love it.
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2010
Absolutely wonderful. Love this and will be using it again.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2008
Sounds delicious!! Can't wait to make it.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >