Frosted Strawberry Salad Recipe
My daughter, Katherine Beth, has requested that her grandmother, Thelma Bell, make this sweet rick gelatin salad with its fluffy topping for every family get-together. So when she and Patrick Althouse planned their nuptials, this delightful salad was part of the bountiful potluck buffet.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries and mint
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. Stir in pecans and cherries. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme just until combined; fold in whipped topping. Spread over salad. Chill for several hours or overnight. Cut into squares. Garnish with strawberries and mint. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC