- 2 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries and mint
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Stir in pecans and cherries. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme just until combined; fold in whipped topping. Spread over salad. Chill for several hours or overnight. Cut into squares. Garnish with strawberries and mint. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Frosted Strawberry Salad
"This is one of my favorite jello salad recipes. I do omit the Maraschino cherries and the pecans. Last year for Christmas Eve dinner I made this and accidently forgot to put in the 2nd container of strawberries and no none noticed and it was still great!"
"Made this last nite,WOW, didn't use the nuts but added 3 bananas, used tub of coolwhip cream cheese frosting with bout 3 big tablespoons marsh. cream. Had BIG strawberries so cut in half with stems for garnish. A KEEPER, thanks for recipe."
"i love this recipe. it is very delicious and easy to make. i have 4 kids and they all love it."
"Absolutely wonderful. Love this and will be using it again."
"Sounds delicious!! Can't wait to make it."