I was making the cookies for my son's classroom party and in my haste, I used regular sugar for the confectioners' sugar called for in the original recipe. I didn't realize the error until the first batch was baked. I sampled one and noticed that it was not as crunchy as usual but I thought they tasted better so I kept baking.—Leah Gallington, Corona, California
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 72 pretzel sticks
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Blue and red decorating icing
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Shape dough
- into 1-in., 5/8-in. and 1/4-in. balls.
- For each snowman, place one of each size ball 1/4 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets; place snowmen 2 in. apart. Break pretzel
- sticks in half; press into sides of middle ball.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly
- browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Frost cooled
- cookies. Decorate with blue icing for eyes, mouth and buttons, and
- red for nose and scarf. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 226 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium,