Frosted Snowmen Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 72 pretzel sticks
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Blue and red decorating icing
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1-in., 5/8-in. and 1/4-in. balls.
- 2. For each snowman, place one of each size ball 1/4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; place snowmen 2 in. apart. Break pretzel sticks in half; press into sides of middle ball.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Frost cooled cookies. Decorate with blue icing for eyes, mouth and buttons, and red for nose and scarf. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 226 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Snowmen
"They were easy. They aren't the tastiest cookie, but my kids did have fun decorating them. Mine didn't look nearly as good as the picture!"
"This sugar cookie recipe is wonderful! Similar to loft house sugar cookies. Our snowmen weren't as pretty as the picture, but our kids enjoyed making and decorating them nonetheless!"