- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into three portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Decorate as desired with frosting and, if desired, sugar.
- Freeze option: Freeze decorated cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Snowflake Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p14
Reviews for Frosted Snowflake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review