Frosted Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into rectangles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Immediately place candy bar pieces over crust. Let stand for 1 minute or until softened; spread chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cool. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 223 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Shortbread
"I have used this recipe and it's great! Thank you for putting this recipe in TOH! Dawn E. Lowenstein"