Frosted Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each), broken into rectangles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately place candy bar pieces over crust. Let stand for 1 minute or until softened; spread chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cool. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Shortbread
Sort By :
This is my go-to dessert recipe whenever I need something quick. I always get compliments.
These bars are best served warm. My family loved them! They were so easy to make and tasted delicious! They have a nice buttery flavor and the chocolate eliminates the need to frost them. Really easy, quick, and yummy recipe! Try using 1 cup of chocolate chips if you don't have chocolate bars.
I have used this recipe and it's great! Thank you for putting this recipe in TOH! Dawn E. Lowenstein