Frosted Rhubarb Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Stir in rhubarb and coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 201 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Frosted Rhubarb Cookies
"These are excellent cookies and moist. I have made these a few times during the summer but would like to know if anyone has used frozen rhubarb in these. If so how much did you use to keep the nice flavor? I would like to make these all year long."
"ther good but u dont taste much of the rhubarb...."
"I make this every spring/summer and there are never any left!"
"can you use frozen rhubarb for these cookies?"
"Can you use frozen rhubarb for these cookies?"