Frosted Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, food coloring and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate; beat until blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Red Velvet Cookies(11)
Sort By :
Great cake-like texture and very easy to make. I skipped the canned frosting. Why go to the trouble of making cookies from scratch and then cutting corners on the frosting? A simple cream cheese/butter/powdered sugar frosting worked perfectly.
Most delicious cookie- everyone loved them!! Very easy to make- can't wait to make them again!!!!
These are really delicious. I only had 1 oz. of unsweetened chocolate, so made up the rest with semisweet and it wasn't too sweet. I used my 2 tsp. cookie scoop and just mounded the dough a little to get it close to 1 Tbsp. and baked for 6 minutes on some, 7 on others. We liked the 6 minute ones better because they were so moist inside! I made homemade cream cheese frosting to top them.
Yay! I finally found THE cookies to make every year as our family tradition! They were that good! :) My husband and all our friends loved them, and they're super festive!
best cookie ever .My kids loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >