Frosted Raspberry Bars Recipe
While visiting a friend, I tried one of these tempting treats that her daughter made. After one bite, I knew I had to have the recipe. The cake-like bars with a fruity filling and creamy frosting are a sweet solution for any potluck or party. -Esther Horst, Augusta, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 2. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Divide dough in half; chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Roll out one portion of dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; carefully transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with raspberry filling.
- 4. Roll out remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust over filling. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat the butter, shortening, cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Chill until set. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC