- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 hot milk
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place raisins in a bowl. Add boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid; set the raisins and liquid aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with reserved liquid, beating well after each addition. Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, whisk brown sugar and milk until sugar is melted. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cookies. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Raisin Creams in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p28
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frosted Raisin Creams
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review