Frosted Pumpkin Muffins
In Muncie, Indiana, Samantha Callahan jazzes up pound cake mix with some canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to create these sweet muffins. "They're so good, even picky eaters cannot seem to get enough," notes the substitute teacher's aide. "They're also delicious without frosting or nuts."
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, pumpkin
- pie spice and baking soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on
- medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- Frost muffins. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.