Frosted Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
In Muncie, Indiana, Samantha Callahan jazzes up pound cake mix with some canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to create these sweet muffins. "They're so good, even picky eaters cannot seem to get enough," notes the substitute teacher's aide. "They're also delicious without frosting or nuts."
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Frost muffins. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC