In Muncie, Indiana, Samantha Callahan jazzes up pound cake mix with some canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to create these sweet muffins. "They're so good, even picky eaters cannot seem to get enough," notes the substitute teacher's aide. "They're also delicious without frosting or nuts."
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost muffins. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Pumpkin Muffins in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p62
Reviews for Frosted Pumpkin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review