Frosted Pumpkin Doughnuts Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to pumpkin mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry , a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Combine frosting ingredients; spread over cooled doughnuts. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 139 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Frosted Pumpkin Doughnuts
"the orage overpowered the pumpkin but they were awesome i would suggest the zest or the juice not both and with the holes in the middle we made sugar holes which were awwesome:PPPP"
"Total waste of ingredients. These doughnuts were disgusting. Threw the recipe in the trash along with half of the batter."
"I made these this morning and they are very good. I was looking for a donught that stayed soft after the first day and I found it!Susie"