- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to pumpkin mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry , a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Combine frosting ingredients; spread over cooled doughnuts. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Pumpkin Doughnuts
Sort By :
"the orage overpowered the pumpkin but they were awesome i would suggest the zest or the juice not both and with the holes in the middle we made sugar holes which were awwesome:PPPP"
"Total waste of ingredients. These doughnuts were disgusting. Threw the recipe in the trash along with half of the batter."
"I made these this morning and they are very good. I was looking for a donught that stayed soft after the first day and I found it!Susie"