Frosted Pumpkin Cranberry Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 130 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Pumpkin Cranberry Bars
"We loved these moist flavorful bars!"
"I tried this recipe for a Church social. They received great reviews. One gentlemen said he had to keep going back for one more!"
"Love this. It's a great recipe. Has an excellent flavor. The Brown butter frosting is very good, too. I didn't let the cake cool completely because I wanted the frosting to 'melt' on rather than spreading it, although I did have to spread it a little. It looked very smooth and glazed over. Be sure to sift the confectionery sugar. This is probably a good recipe for banana bars w/butter frosting (minus the spices). Definitely a keeper!"
"Yummy! and easy"
"Delicious! The brown butter frosting is perfect for this. I've made this recipe several times, and everyone who tries them loves them. Thanks!"
"I made a cream cheese frosting for top. Definately a keeper."
"These turned out wonderful!"