- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Pumpkin Cranberry Bars
"I tried this recipe for a Church social. They received great reviews. One gentlemen said he had to keep going back for one more!"
"Love this. It's a great recipe. Has an excellent flavor. The Brown butter frosting is very good, too. I didn't let the cake cool completely because I wanted the frosting to 'melt' on rather than spreading it, although I did have to spread it a little. It looked very smooth and glazed over. Be sure to sift the confectionery sugar. This is probably a good recipe for banana bars w/butter frosting (minus the spices). Definitely a keeper!"
"Yummy! and easy"
"Delicious! The brown butter frosting is perfect for this. I've made this recipe several times, and everyone who tries them loves them. Thanks!"
"I made a cream cheese frosting for top. Definately a keeper."
"These turned out wonderful!"