- Meanwhile, for frosting, combine the butter, brown sugar and milk in
- a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly; boil for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in maple
- flavoring and vanilla.
- Cool slightly; beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve
- spreading consistency. Remove cookies to wire racks; frost while
- warm. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 249 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.