VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the egg, egg whites, pumpkin, oil and water until well blended.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and lemon peel. Frost bars. Chill for 15 minutes before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Pumpkin Bars in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p58
Reviews forFrosted Pumpkin Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
"These came out moist and flavorful. I liked the lemon peel in the frosting. I used 2 whole eggs and baked in a 9x9 inch baking dish."