- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the egg, egg whites, pumpkin, oil and water until well blended.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and lemon peel. Frost bars. Chill for 15 minutes before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Pumpkin Bars in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p58
Reviews for Frosted Pumpkin Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
"These came out moist and flavorful. I liked the lemon peel in the frosting. I used 2 whole eggs and baked in a 9x9 inch baking dish."