Frosted Pineapple Lemon Gelatin Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the ginger ale, bananas and crushed pineapple. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. For topping, combine sugar and flour in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into custard. Spread over gelatin. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 250 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Pineapple Lemon Gelatin
"Made this a snack time treat for my daughters preschool class. The teachers asked to keep the rest for the afternoon class. I used regular cool whip for the topping. I didn't want to make the egg one for the itty bitties."