- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple aside; set juice aside for frosting. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add pineapple and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve a smooth spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Pineapple Cookies
Sort By :
"Unfortunately these cookies did not turn out for me. The only change I made was to double the recipe. The cookies were very dense and dry - not moist at all and with little pineapple flavor."
"I haven't made these yet but would like to do so tomorrow. Does anyone know if I need to change this for high altitude cooking?"
"I made these without the frosting, and they were still delicious. They would be great for a spring or tropical-themed occasion."
"Cakey, moist, pineapple-filled cookies. Also good without frosting just dusted with icing sugar. Be sure the bottoms are crispy brown as it gives a nice texture next to the soft cookies."
"Loved them....may try different frosting though."