Frosted Pineapple Cookies Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple aside; set juice aside for frosting. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add pineapple and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve a smooth spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Pineapple Cookies(7)
Sort By :
Cakey, moist, pineapple-filled cookies. Also good without frosting just dusted with icing sugar. Be sure the bottoms are crispy brown as it gives a nice texture next to the soft cookies.
Loved them....may try different frosting though.
These were very easy to make and a refreshing change from the standard chocolate chip. Light, cakey and yummy!!
Such a great tasting cookie! They started disappearing before they got glazed. Not really sure of I'll even bother with the glaze next time. Fantastic! Thanks for the recipe! Oh and got almost 4 dozen using a #60 scoop.
These cake-like cookies are very yummy! They are very different from your average cookie, pineapple is a welcome change.