These are the best pineapple cookies—sweet and moist with real tropical flavor. Because they are unique and look so pretty, these cookies are a hit whenever I serve them. People can't seem to eat just one! —Mary DeVoe, Bradenton, Florida
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple aside; set juice aside for frosting. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add pineapple and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve a smooth spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Pineapple Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p39
Reviews for Frosted Pineapple Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review