Frosted Pecan Butter Cookies Recipe
Lemon frosting gives my delicate cream-colored butter cookies a special zest. The citrusy hint of sunshine is extra welcome in winter, and crispy pecans fill every delicious bite.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- LEMON FROSTING:
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar; beat in milk. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball halfway into pecans. Place nut side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 196 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC