Lemon frosting gives my delicate cream-colored butter cookies a special zest. The citrusy hint of sunshine is extra welcome in winter, and crispy pecans fill every delicious bite.
Recommended: Fall Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- LEMON FROSTING:
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar; beat in milk. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball halfway into pecans. Place nut side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Pecan Butter Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p45
Reviews forFrosted Pecan Butter Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2017
"The lempn frosting complements the cookies nicely and they taste great!"