Frosted Peanut Cookies Recipe
Oats, chopped peanuts and peanut butter frosting make this a nice change of pace from a traditional peanut butter cookie. After folks sample these, compliments and recipe requests always follow.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and peanuts.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 cookies equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC