Frosted Peanut Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and peanuts.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 244 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Frosted Peanut Cookies
"I made this recipe a while back, and although it is good, I find that it was not extraordinary, and although I would recommend it to others to try because they may enjoy it more than my family did, it did not really appeal to my personal tastes."