Frosted Peanut Butter Fingers Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack, about 12 minutes. Spread with remaining peanut butter. Cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over peanut butter. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 329 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Peanut Butter Fingers
"Oh my gosh, you have to try these. Unbelievably good!"
"I made these and they were an immediate family favorite! Everyone's been asking me for this recipe! Trust me, they're great! I prefer not to cook them too long to give them a more soft texture."