Frosted Peanut Butter Cookies
Are you looking for a quick way to dress up an ordinary cookie mix? Try this trick from our Test Kitchen. The frosting can be used on a variety of cookies, including sugar and chocolate chip.
24-28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sliced almonds or pecan halves
- In a large bowl, prepare cookie dough according to package
- directions. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar,
- cocoa, water and vanilla. Spread over cookies; top with nuts. Yield:
- about 2 dozen.