Frosted Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the peanut butter, shortening and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost bars.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Peanut Butter Bars(16)
Sort By :
Too much shortening. I thought it had trans fat in it!
This is one of my favorite recipes! It was in the TOH cookbook received as a wedding gift. SO rich but SO good! Love the dense brownie-like texture. I usually don't put the drizzle on.
Made this recipe many times for the residents at the Assisted Living Facility I worked at.... they were a hit with young and old alike!!!!
Reminds me of the bars that we had in the school cafeteria. Yummy!! Even my hubby liked them and he is picky. Will definitely make for a family get together.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Bars >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >