- juices and orange and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature without
- Pour into pastry shell. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Chill at
- least 3 hours.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, egg whites, water,
- cream of tartar and salt over low heat. With a hand mixer, beat on
- low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating on low over low heat until
- frosting reaches 160°, about 8-10 minutes. Pour into the bowl of
- a heavy-duty stand mixer. Beat on high until frosting forms stiff
- peaks, about 7 minutes.
- Spread over chilled pie. Just before serving, sprinkle with coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 298 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.