- ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice; add to creamed
- mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream shortening and butter until
- light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners'
- sugar and ginger. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over
- cookies. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 83 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.