- 3/4 cup sugar blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 container (2-1/2 ounces) prune baby food
- 3 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until well blended. In a small bowl, combine milk and coffee. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Stir in vanilla. Place whipped topping in a large bowl; gently fold in coffee mixture. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Frosted Mocha Cake
"This was very good. I used the light whipped topping and it worked well."
"I am border line diabetic so I watch my sugar intake. This was moist and delicious. My husband has asked me to make it for him to take next week."
"I am allergic to spenda so will try stevia, will make it today and find out how good it is."
"The frosting is tastey with that little nip of coffee. The cake is moist, however I think it's needs more cocoa. With alittle tweeking, I'd make it again :)"