Frosted Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 pound fully cooked ground ham
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and paprika. Add ground beef, pork and ham; mix well. Pat meat mixture into a 7-1/2-in. x 3-3/4-in. x 2-1/4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Invert meat loaf onto a heat-proof platter.
- 3. In a bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Cover top and sides of meat loaf with frosting mixture. Place under a preheated broiler; broil until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Meat Loaf
"You can bake the meatloaf in a pie plate and then frost it with the mashed potatoes and sprinke the cheddar cheese on top for a pretty presentationMetallographer"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.