- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 pound fully cooked ground ham
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and paprika. Add ground beef, pork and ham; mix well. Pat meat mixture into a 7-1/2-in. x 3-3/4-in. x 2-1/4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Invert meat loaf onto a heat-proof platter.
- In a bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Cover top and sides of meat loaf with frosting mixture. Place under a preheated broiler; broil until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p28
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Frosted Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review