Frosted Maple Pyramids Recipe
The cute shape of these cookies makes them a splendid sight on a Christmas cookie tray. You could use star-shaped cookie cutters in place of the round ones.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Halved red candied cherries, optional
- 1. Cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and maple flavoring. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until easy to handle, about 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. With floured 2-in. round cookie cutters, cut out 18 circles. Repeat with 1-1/2-in. and 1-in. round cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 7-9 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; transfer frosting to bag. To assemble cookies, place a 2-in. cookie on waxed paper. Pipe frosting over cookie. Top with a 1-1/2-in. cookie; pipe. Top with a 1-inch cookie; pipe. If desired, top with candied cherries. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 194 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Maple Pyramids
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC