- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, malted milk powder, butter, vanilla and enough milk to reach a spreading consistency. Spread over cookies. Sprinkle with chopped candies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Malted Milk Cookies
"The cookies are pretty good - not very malty and a little dry but a nice brown sugar cookie. The frosting is the real winner here, it tastes just like a whopper. I'm debating dipping the cookies in chocolate and letting that dry before frosting to give a more true whopper candy taste. Thanks for the recipe!"
"We loved these cookies just as is. Great recipe!!!"