Serve these spicy-sweet nuts at your holiday party or buffet— they're a tempting snack for any occasion.
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and allspice
- 4 cups hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the sugar, water,
- salt and spices; beat well. Let stand for 5 minutes or until sugar
- is dissolved. Gently fold in hazelnuts until well coated.
- Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 275° for 50-60 minutes or until crisp. Remove to waxed paper to
- cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 17 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.