Frosted Gingerbread Nut Cookies Recipe
I received the recipe for these soft ginger cookies from a dear lady, who has since passed away. A comfortng classic like this always satisfies. Karyn Rogers, Hemet, California
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Walnuts halves, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Top each with a walnut half if desired. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Gingerbread Nut Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p110
Reviews for Frosted Gingerbread Nut Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review